Founded in 1957 by the Sisters of St Joseph of The Sacred Heart.
St Pius X Catholic Primary School
St Pius X Catholic Primary School was founded in 1957 by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart. Sister Casimir and Sister Angela were the first Sisters to teach at the school in its foundation year, catering for students in Years 1 – 4. Over the next three years, St Pius X expanded and accommodated classes up to Year 7.
Father Thomas Ahern was the first parish priest followed by Father Patrick Carmody. He was the longest serving priest and we have named one of our faction houses after him. Father McGrath followed Father Carmody and was instrumental in purchasing the house next to the school in 1988 where the Fr McGrath oval now sits.
From 1969 onwards, lay teachers were introduced to the school. Mr Brendan Spillane became the first lay Principal in 1995.
The Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart continue to have a presence at our school to this day.